On May 07, 2019, the Mexican Fund to Promote the Tourism (“FONATUR” for its acronym in Spanish) published the first bidding guidelines related to the tender for the basic engineering of the seven (7) sections that will comprise the 1,525 km Mayan Train project.
As per the bidding guidelines released by FONATOUR, the bidding calendar for the services referred above, will be as follows:
- May 6 to May 14, 2019 from 09:00 to 14:00 hours – Registration of participants.
- May 15, 2019, FONATUR will hold an informative session at 11:00 hours.
- May 27, 2019, FONATUR will carry out a clarification meeting at 11:00 hours.
- July 5, 2019, FONATUR will open the proposals received during the tender procedure at 11:00 hours.
- July 22, 2019, FONATUR will publish the tender award at 11:00 hours.
It is worth-mentioning that as per point 2.3 of the bidding guidelines only Mexican entities will been title to participate in the tender following the rules provided in article 28 of the Federal Acquisitions Law in which the services to be acquired must be produced in Mexico and have at least 50% of national content.
Bidding rules do not provide any limitations or restrictions related to foreign investment in Mexican entities participating in the bidding procedure called by FONATUR.
Not withstanding the above, as per the service agreement attached as an exhibit of the bidding guidelines, the service provider may hire subcontractors for the activities related to: (i) cartography; (ii) topography; (iii) geology; (iv)geophysics; and (v) geotechniques
Additionally, the bidding guidelines released by FONATUR contain information and rules related to:
- Bidding calendar (as per the information referred above).
- Purpose and scope of the tender.
- Joint proposals.
- Requirements to participate.
- Registration, information to be delivered to FONATUR and tender stages.
- Clarification meetings.
- Preparation of proposals.
- Filing, opening and evaluation of proposals.
- Criteria to evaluate proposals.
- Signing of the contract.
As mentioned in previous communications, with this project Mexican President seeks to promote and strengthen the development of the southeast Mexican region since such project would include the Mexican States of Tabasco, Chiapas, Campeche, Yucatán and Quintana Roo.
The lawyers of the energy, mining and infrastructure area as well as the transportation one at firm are available for any questions or comments on the above.
|Juan Carlos Serrafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jorge Eduardo Escobedo Montañoemail@example.com|
|Jorge Cobos Francofirstname.lastname@example.org |
Mexico City, May 9th, 2019.