On March 07, 2017, the National Hydrocarbons Commission (“CNH”) released the call related to the second PEMEX farm out, CNH-A2-AYIN-BATSIL/2017, for the wells known as “Ayin-Batsil” which are located in shallow waters of the Mexican Gulf.
Below are the main aspects to be considered in this farm out procedure:
- Bidding guidelines / Required Experience:
- Three exploration and/or extraction of hydrocarbons projects in shallow waters with depth equal or greater to 150 meters during 2011 – 2015.
- Daily hydrocarbons production of 10,000 barrels of crude equivalent oil in shallow water projects with depth equal or greater to 150 meters during 2011 – 2015.
- Investments in projects related to the exploration and/or extraction of hydrocarbons of at least 2,000 billion USD during 2011 – 2015.
- Experience in environmental matters and industrial safety.
- It is important to mention that the awarded bidder must make a carry-over of costs in favor of PEMEX of at least the minimum contribution of USD $250,000,000.00 (two hundred and fifty million dollars). PEMEX will be exempted to make any type of contribution until awarded bidder reaches the referred USD $250,000,000.00
- For the referred PEMEX farm out the participation scheme proposed for joint bidders is:
- PEMEX: 50%
- Operator: Minimum of 30%
- The remaining 20% may be agreed between the members of the consortium.
- For the referred PEMEX farm out the participation scheme proposed for individual bidders is:
- PEMEX: 50%
- Operator: 50%
- Participating companies must obtain a license to use information that will be issued by CNH for an amount equal to or greater than Mx. Pesos$2,500,000.00.
- Bidding schedule
|Final bidding calendar||May 31, 2017|
|Period to request access to virtual data room and make the corresponding payment||March 07, 2017 – April 10, 2017|
|Access to virtual data room||March 07, 2017 – June 16, 2017|
|First clarification stage||March 07, 2017 – April 03, 2017|
|Second clarification stage||March 07, 2017 – April 12, 2017|
|Inscription payment and prequalification appointment||April 12, 2017|
|Reception of prequalification documents||April 17, 2017 – April 19, 2017|
|Review of prequalification documents||April 20, 2017 – May 24, 2017|
|Prequalified companies’ publication||May 26, 2017|
|Period to request CNH authorization to conform bidders||May 29, 2017 – May 31, 2017|
|Filing of proposals||June 19, 2017|
- Bidding block
Pursuant to the information released by CNH, the area known as Ayin-Batsil has an approximate of 3P reserves of 300 million barrels of crude equivalent oil in a total surface area of 1,096 km2 and depths of 82 meters (Batsil) and 176 meters (Ayin).
The lawyers of the energy, mining and infrastructure area of our firm are available for any questions or comments on the above.
Juan C. Serra
Jorge E. Escobedo