The commercial insolvency proceedings constitute a tool for business people and corporate entities to face critical financial situations, either by negotiating the payment of debts under appropriate conditions or selling the debtor’s assets in an orderly and lawful manner. We consider that it is important for our clients to familiarize themselves with these proceedings in times of crisis.
The experience of Basham, Ringe y Correa in this type of litigation is the result of many years of work that allows us to efficiently advise and represent our clients, both as a preventive strategy and during judicial proceedings, acting either for the debtor or for creditors.
In this area, our firm offers the following legal services, among others::
- Advice on business transactions with debtors who are undergoing commercial insolvency proceedings.
- Allowance and ranking of creditor’s claims, including priority of payment.
- Separation of property from the estate.
- Drafting, approval and execution of settlement agreements.
- Sale or acquisition of bankrupt companies’ assets.
- Enforcement of security interests.