The Federal Consumer Protection Office has wide jurisdiction in the area of consumer protection with the result that often clients find themselves caught up in disputes in fields as diverse as product labeling, deceptive advertising, warranty protection, and product liability, to give just a few examples. It is important, therefore, for clients to be able to navigate through this area and if problems arise, be able to count on good advice and capable representation.
The Consumer Protection Group at Basham, Ringe y Correa helps clients in this field, working with lawyers in other areas of the firm to keep clients out of trouble, and if problems arise, advising on how to deal with them.
The practice group offers the following services in this area, among others, advising on:
- Official product standards
- Product liability
- Preparing and registering standard form contracts
- Inspections, closures and product seizures.
- Filing complaints and claims
- Problems arising from publicity and unfair competition
- Conciliation and arbitration.
- Administrative proceedings, including appealing decisions and the imposition of penalties