Basham, Ringe y Correa has a special department focused on the registration of first-level generic domain names, first-level territorial domain names and second and third level domains. Moreover, our lawyers have great experience in the negotiation of domain name transfers and filings with the competent organizations to resolve controversies, such as the Intellectual Property Worldwide Organization (OMPI).
In order to obtain the proper protection and use of intellectual property rights, it is necessary to implement an adequate licensing system (subsidiaries, franchises, obligatory licenses due to public use, etc.)
Since Basham, Ringe y Correa is a general-practice law firm, we are able to provide complete and sound legal advice to our clients, encompassing the many different legal areas beyond Intellectual Property.
The litigation area of Basham Ringe y Correa is composed of more than 15 specialists, who focus their knowledge and studies on the protection of our clients’ intellectual property rights
We develop strategies, means, systems and prevention measures that allow for the preservation of confidentiality and restricted access to information, for the maintenance and non-disclosure of industrial secrets, such as the drafting of contracts, which include Intellectual Property and Labor aspects, as well as other legal matters, in the case of illegal use, profit or disclosure.
Some of the services provided in this area are:
- Administrative proceedings in intellectual property matters, including industrial property and copyrights with the Mexican Industrial Property Institute, as well as administrative proceedings with the Regional Chamber overseeing Intellectual Property disputes, which is part of the Federal Tax and Administrative Court.
- Preparation, filing, and tracking criminal complaints, for the safeguarding of our clients’ copyrights and intellectual property.
- Proceedings regarding claims for damages, originating from the infringement of intellectual property rights.
- Amparo proceedings.
- Infractions in matters regarding trade.
- Struggles against Piracy
- Parallel Imports and counterfeit goods.
- Implementation of border measures.
- Alternative resolutions to controversies, including negotiation, conciliation and arbitration.