Basham offers services related to the mining industry, representing various national and multinational companies, as well as entities providing financing to the industry. We have actively taken part in mining development projects in Mexico, advising clients on obtaining mining concessions from the federal government, as well as on the purchase of mining companies and mining assets. Our experience, along with close contacts with the government agencies involved, enables Basham to offer efficient and rapid service. Moreover, being a full-service law firm allows us to analyze the projects of our clients and provide counseling from all legal perspectives.
Our Mining experience
- 1. Incorporation of mining companies and registration with the Public Mining Registry;
- 2. Processing and obtaining permits, authorizations and mining concessions;
- 3. Project finance;
- 4. Dispute resolution and specialized administrative litigation;
- 5. Due diligence on mining companies;
- 6. Advice on regulatory matters;
- 7. Advice on environmental matters;.
- 8. Management, operation, royalty and ore sale agreements;
- 9. Purchase and sale of mining companies and assets;
- 10. Temporary use or expropriation of surface rights over mineral claims;
- 11. Tax & corporate restructure of mining companies;
- 12. Real estate matters affecting mining projects, including land-reform.
- Corporate restructuring for mining companies;
- Mergers and acquisitions;
- Credit agreements and collateral over mining concessions and related assets;
- Assignment of mining concessions; and
- Acquisition of exploration and mining rights.