Oil & Gas
Our firm provides advice to national and transnational companies on services related to the oil and gas sector, obtaining and renewing government approvals and permits, marketing of equipment to public and private entities, as well as in counseling clients in the acquisition companies and assets engaged in the oil and gas sectors. The lawyers and engineers of this area work closely with lawyers of other areas of the firm to advice clients in a comprehensive manner. Basham not only offers energy expertise across a broad spectrum of practice areas, but it is also one of the largest and most recognized law firms in Mexico having a specialized oil & gas practice area.
Our experience has increased through the years and Basham is proud to currently handle several oil and gas projects, including advice on the design and financing of all phases of infrastructure, up to its completion, as required by applicable laws, such as liquefied natural gas (“LNG”) and liquefied petroleum gas (“LGP”) projects, secondary petrochemicals, pipelines, platforms, etc.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Development and financing of energy projects;
- LNG projects;
- Petrochemical projects;
- Regulatory and environmental matters;
- Designing and implementing upstream oil and natural gas bidding processes;
- Oil field service contracts;
- Supply and sales agreements;
- Specialized administrative litigation;
- Mergers and acquisitions;
- Access to capital markets;
- Kyoto Protocol principles and clean development mechanisms.
- Advice on several joint venture agreements and consortiums for public biddings;
- Oil rig lease agreements of semi-submersible platforms;
- Water disposal water projects derived from the use of certain platforms;
- Advice on bio-fuel projects;
- Advice on fuel and crude oil-diesel mixture projects;
- Advice on LNG transactions and related contracts; stock purchase agreements and gas supply agreements;
- Advice on procurement public processes regarding the construction of oil and gas pipelines, as well as oil and gas exploration and production facilities; and
- Advice on operations related with upstream exploration activities, including seismic contracts, onshore and offshore drilling contracts, and/or operating agreements.