Privacy & Data Protection
The current and amazingly rapid development of information technologies entails significant advantages for economic growth, data exchange (including personal data), improvement in the quality of life, as well as in administrative, social and cultural activities. However, the improper use of such technologies may cause important financial losses, serious risks for human safety and may also threaten privacy and adversely aﬀect the right of informative self-determination of individuals.
Basham, Ringe & Correa, S.C. has created a Privacy and Data Protection practice, in response to the need to protect personal data, which is a fundamental right of individuals protected by the Constitution, and one of the most important assets of a company.
The lawyers that are part of this practice are specialized and eager to help our clients achieve a balance between the protection of personal data and the development of companies’ normal activities. Our firm is in a position to provide you with up to date and high quality legal advice in this field on a timely basis.
Below is a list of some of the legal services the Privacy and Data Protection practice offers:
- Advice and guidance on the implementation of the local data protection legislation, including advice in the confluence with other practices, such as labor, social security, financial law, health law, and consumer protection.
- Advice on the Management of a company’s information.
- Drafting and implementation of Privacy Policies.
- Drafting and implementation of Privacy Notices, as required by law.
- Preparation of information flow charts to correctly draft Privacy Notices and to identify the life cycle of personal data.
- Advice and guidance on the way in which requests from data subjects with respect to the exercise of their rights should be handled and answered.
- Litigation on privacy and data protection before administrative and judicial authorities.
- Advice and guidance on drafting and implementing codes of conduct and good practices, including policies on employee monitoring.
- Recommendations regarding data retention and deletion.
- Advice on national and international transfers of personal data.
- Advice on the use of tracking technologies and other technologies.