This area includes the protection of distinctive signs such as trademarks, commercial advertisements and trade names. The services provided by our firm go beyond the processes necessary to obtain the registration, since we provide sound, creative advice, always looking for the protection and preservation of our clients’ rights. Some of the services provided are:
- Background investigations and legal opinions based on those investigations.
- Consulting regarding the registration of distinctive signs.
- Filing for the registration of trademarks, commercial advertisements and trade names.
- Negotiation regarding the assignment of distinctive signs, consent letters and/or coexistence agreements.
- Drafting and registration of trademark assignment agreements and trademark licenses, and providing advice in all related tax matters.
- Registration of corporate name changes, liens, etc.
- Drafting all types of agreements which involve distinctive signs, including franchise agreements.
- Audits on intellectual property matters, in order to determine the viability of a merger or acquisition regarding a company’s intangible assets.
- Establishment of an international network of correspondents which allows us to manage a company’s intangible assets, simplifying administrative procedures, mail and the invoicing of our clients.
Our firm offers consulting services in all matters relating to copyrights and related rights. Moreover, we carry out the necessary procedures to obtain the registration of all types of artistic and intellectual works recognized by the Federal Copyright Law, giving our client the best option for the protection of such creations.
Some of the services provided in this area are:
- Registration of works contemplated by the Law, as literary, musical, pictorial, photographic and cinematographic works, computer programs, etc.
- Obtaining and preserving exclusive reserved rights, in order to protect the titles of newspaper publications, periodicals spreading, fictitious or symbolic human characters, artistic groups and advertising campaigns.
- Drafting and reviewing all types of agreements whose purpose is the use of a copyright or related rights.
- Advice regarding entertainment, derivative rights, software, etc.
- Filings with the collective copyright management companies. s