SPECIALIZATION AND TEAMWORK
Since 1993, when the Federal Economic Competition Law came into effect, our firm has had the privilege to advise various national and international companies on the most emblematic and relevant competition matters, contributing to the development of this subject in Mexico.
Our firm’s lawyers specialized in the economic competition matters, are exclusively devoted to this area, a fact that offers our clients a deep theoretical and practical knowledge in this field.
In addition, Basham is an interdisciplinary firm specialized in almost all areas of the law that provide invaluable input to economic competition, such as mergers and acquisitions, criminal law, health law, intellectual property, labor law, foreign trade law and transportation regulations. Since some markets are regulated by specific laws, our firm offers clients an important advantage against competitors and assures them that proposed solutions are feasible and valid in all legal areas.
Our firm has developed various preventive and corrective measures to assist clients in the preparation of trade policies and strategies that allow them to outperform competitors within the applicable legal framework, as follows:
Basham, Ringe y Correa has been selected as Mexican Representative of the International Associations of Lex Mundi, World Services Group (WSG), Club de Abogados, Ius Laboris and ICC Fraudnet.
OTHER AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
Basham has obtained the following awards:
- “Firm of the Year in Mexico” by Who’s Who Legal from 2007 through 2014.
- “Client Choice Award” from the International Law Office in 2006, 2008, 2010 and 2011.
- “Client Service Award” granted by Chambers Latin America in 2014.
- “Gold Award” as “Best Mexican Firm in Mexico” in 2010 and 2012 and “Silver Award” granted by the International Legal Alliance Summit in 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014.
- “Mexico Tax Disputes Firm of the Year” by the International Tax Review in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- “Best Tax Firm” granted by World Finance in 2013.
- “Trademark IP Firm of the Year Award for Mexico” granted by Managing Intellectual Property in 2012.
Basham has been distinguished as a leading firm in pro bono work, as a recipient of the: “Pro Bono Leading Light” recognition by the Latin Lawyer magazine in 2012 and 2013.
In addition the firm has been included as one of the “places where everyone wants to work” in the “Super Empresas 2012” and “Super Empresas 2013” (Business Enterprises) ranking by the Expansion magazine and our lawyers have been internationally recognized in different publications such as Chambers Latin America, Chambers Global, Who’s Who Legal, Latin America’s Leading Lawyer for Business, Acquisition International, Best Lawyers, The Legal
500 and IFLR 1000.