BANKING & FINANCE
The recent development of the Mexican economy has created the necessity for Mexican companies to raise funds from different sources, something which has resulted in the development of the Mexican financial system and has turned Mexico into an attractive destination for the placing of foreign funds by foreign financial institutions and private equity funds. Basham, Ringe y Correa has broad experience and offers several services in the financial, banking, and securities sector to domestic and foreign financial institutions, private and public companies, and private equity funds.
The Practice Group offers the following services in these area, among others, advising on:
- The structuring, negotiating, and documenting of loans and other financial transactions, including venture capital and lease financing.
- The creation of security interests such as mortgages, pledges and guarantee trusts, as well as the creation of personal guarantees.
- Due diligence reviews on financial matters of local corporate borrowers in connection with financing and security interests.
- Syndicated loans.
- Local and international loans and financing.
- Debt restructuring.
- The organization, legal auditing, and regulatory compliance of financial entities, including banks, mutual funds, multi-purpose financial institutions (SOFOMES), securities brokers and dealers, insurance companies, bonding companies, and Mexican affiliates of foreign financial institutions.
- The registration of banks and financial, insurance and re-insurance companies and their representative offices.
- Investment and financing by private equity funds.
- Initial public offerings and private offerings.
- Regulatory compliance and corporate governance of public issuers.
- Registration with the National Registry of Securities and the International Quotation System.
- Issuing shares, bonds, debentures and commercial paper.
- Portfolio securitization, asset backed securities (CDO) and structured credit products.
- Project finance.
- Legal risk auditing to Banks and other financial institutions.
Basham, Ringe y Correa has been selected as Mexican Representative of the International Associations of Lex Mundi, World Services Group (WSG), Club de Abogados, Ius Laboris and ICC Fraudnet.
HONORS AND RECOGNITIONS
Basham has obtained the following awards:
- “Firm of the Year in Mexico” by Who ́s Who Legal from 2007 through 2014.
- “Client Choice Award” from the International Law Office in 2006, 2008, 2010 and 2011.
- “Client Service Award” granted by Chambers Latin America in 2014.
- “Gold Award” as “Best Mexican Firm in Mexico” in 2010 and 2012 and “Silver Award” granted by the International Legal Alliance Summit in 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014.
- “Mexico Tax Disputes Firm of the Year” by the International Tax Review in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- “Best Tax Firm” granted by World Finance in 2013.
- “Trademark IP Firm of the Year Award for Mexico” granted by Managing Intellectual Property in 2012.
Basham has been distinguished as a leading firm in pro bono work, as a recipient of the: “Pro Bono Leading Light” recognition by the Latin Lawyer magazine in 2012 and 2013.
In addition the firm has been included as one of the “places where everyone wants to work” in the “Super Empresas 2012” and “Super Empresas 2013” (Business Enterprises) ranking by the Expansion magazine and our lawyers have been internationally recognized in different publications such as Chambers Latin America, Chambers Global, Who’s Who Legal, Latin America’s Leading Lawyer for Business, Acquisition International, Best Lawyers, The Legal 500 and IFLR 1000.