The recent development of the Mexican economy has created the necessity for Mexican companies to raise funds from different sources, something which has resulted in the development of the Mexican financial system and has turned Mexico into an attractive destination for the placing of foreign funds by foreign financial institutions and private equity funds. The Capital Markets Group has broad experience and offers several services in the securities
sector to domestic and foreign financial institutions, private and public companies, and private equity funds.
The practice group offers, among others, the following services in this area:
- Tender offers, acquisitions in the stock exchange and private acquisitions of shares of companies listed in the Mexican Stock Exchange.
- Initial public offerings and private offerings;
- Structuring specific instruments to finance medium and long term projects such as capital development certificates (which main purpose is to allow the development of medium and long term projects or the acquisition of securities, shares, stocks, bonds,
etc, representing the capital stock of entities) and the Real Estate Trusts.
- Regulatory compliance and corporate governance of public issuers;
- Regulatory with the National Registry of Securities and the International Quotation System;
- Portfolio securitization, assets backed securities (CDO) and structured credit products;
- Our firm provided legal advice to a public bonded warehouse on a public offering of debt instruments through the securitization of corn kernels and other assets for approximately Pesos$1.5 billion.
- Our firm also provided legal advice to a non-Mexican fund manager to list some exchange traded funds (also known as “ETFs”) the Mexican Stock Exchange.