Our firm offers consulting and litigation services in all matters relating to copyrights and related rights. We also provide high-level advice on copyright issues such as infringement, exhaustion of rights and the payment of royalties. We are keenly aware of the challenges posed by the digital environment and routinely assist both creators and users of copyrighted content in asserting their rights in respect to technological protection measures, digital rights management, digital platforms and their policies, safe harbor provisions and other online issues.
Some of the services we provide in this field are:
- Registration of works and recording of agreements thereof before the Mexican Copyright Office and related strategy and management to secure the best protection.
- Obtaining and preserving exclusive rights over related genres such as the titles of newspaper publications, television shows, fictitious or symbolic characters, artistic groups, and advertising campaigns.
- Planning, drafting and reviewing all types of agreements related to copyrights or related rights such as assignments and licenses regarding digital platforms, entertainment, advertising, social media, celebrity sponsorships, etc.
- Advice regarding complex copyright and related issues such as determining copyright ownership, liability of internet service providers, the use of copyrighted materials in advertising, technological protection measures, communication of works in websites and digital platforms, etc.
- Negotiating with authors, rightsholders and collective management organizations and dealing with any related complaints regarding the payment of royalties.
- Litigation and alternative dispute resolution, including mediation, arbitration and the removal of online contents.