ENVIRONMENTAL LAW & SUSTAINABILITY CONSULTING
Our country’s search for sustainable development has driven national environmental laws to a constant evolution, created efficient environmental authorities and, above all, inspired a conscious society demanding of its right to a healthy environment.
As a consequence, companies interested in making business in Mexico must now show a sense of environmental responsibility beyond mere compliance with applicable law. For example, financial institutions -in Mexico and around the world- have been implementing environmental principles that establish additional requirements to those specified in law in order to finance infrastructure, industrial or real estate development projects.
Through our Environmental Law & Sustainability Consulting practice, Basham, Ringe & Correa, S.C. offers integral solutions that agree with the emerging green economy. We provide our clients with advice in subjects that encompass from the full compliance with the national environmental law to the highest international standards of sustainability.
Our firm has pioneered in the integration of an area specialized in environmental law conformed by lawyers and specialists in complementary disciplines, this allows us to provide our clients a complete and integral advice plan in all environmental matters. The services provided by our firm are, amongst others:
- Consulting in fundamental environmental subjects for private transactions such as funding, M&A, and purchase and sale of real estate including the transfer of polluted sites, environmental guarantees and transference of concessions, authorizations, licenses or permits.
- Integral consultancy in matters of national waters including its tax implications as well as the obtaining and transference of concessions to exploit them, occupy federal land, permits to discharge wastewater, the execution of hydraulic infrastructure works, among others.
- Advice in projects associated with the green economy as well as projects of green house gas emission reduction for obtaining carbon permits before the Clean Devel opment Mechanism or other international voluntary markets. Development ofsustainable forestry projects under national legislation and under United NationsREDD+ program.
- Counseling in the implementation and fulfillment of the Equator Principles before financial institutions to assure funding for infrastructure, industrial and real estate development projects.
Basham, Ringe y Correa has been selected as Mexican Representative of the International Associations of Lex Mundi, World Services Group (WSG), Club de Abogados, Ius Laboris and ICC Fraudnet.
INTERNATIONAL AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS IN ENERGY
- Chambers and Partners 2014
Energy and Natural Resources
- The Legal 500 2014
Energy and Natural Resources
- Who ́s Who Legal 2014
Energy and Mining recommended firm in Mexico
- IFLR 1000 2014
Energy and Infrastructure recommended firm in Mexico
- Latin Lawyer 250 2014
Mining & Metals recommended firm in Mexico
OTHER AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
Basham has obtained the following awards:
- “Firm of the Year in Mexico” by Who ́s Who Legal from 2007 through 2014.
- “Client Choice Award” from the International Law Oce in 2006, 2008, 2010 and 2011.
- “Client Service Award” granted by Chambers Latin America in 2014.
- “Gold Award” as “Best Mexican Firm in Mexico” in 2010 and 2012 and “Silver Award” granted by the International Legal Alliance Summit in 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014.
- “Mexico Tax Disputes Firm of the Year” by the International Tax Review in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- “Best Tax Firm” granted by World Finance in 2013.
- “Trademark IP Firm of the Year Award for Mexico” granted by Managing Intellectual Property in 2012.
Basham has been distinguished as a leading firm in pro bono work, as a recipient of the: “Pro Bono Leading Light” recognition by the Latin Lawyer magazine in 2012 and 2013.
In addition the firm has been included as one of the “places where everyone wants to work” in the “Super Empresas 2012” and “Super Empresas 2013” (Business Enterprises) ranking by the Expansion magazine and our lawyers have been internationally recognized in dierent publications such as Chambers Latin America, Chambers Global, Who’s Who Legal, Latin America’s Leading Lawyer for Business, Acquisition International, Best Lawyers, The Legal 500 and IFLR 1000.