GAMING & LOTTERY
Basham provides legal advice and management in every aspect on gambling matter, keeping our clients informed of changes in the legislative and gambling framework. The area can furnish information concerning the license and permits that must be obtained and the requirements that must be complied with, for the legal operation of casinos, tournaments, online gaming, sweepstakes and contests, as well as the advertising related with the activities.
With respect to our experience on gambling and sweepstakes, in very general terms we can mention the following:
- Counseling, filling and monitoring of applications for obtaining permits, licenses, authorizations or notices with the Federal, Local or District administrative authorities, or any other administrative department related to gambling and sweepstakes.
- Assisting in the preparation of the bases and guidelines of gambling and sweepstakes.
- Lobbying and negotiation of gambling and sweepstakes officials and agencies.
- Counseling on gambling and sweepstakes advertising matters, casino opening andtournaments sponsorship as well as sweepstakes in general.
- Legal counseling and assistance in connection with any administrative-law proceeding brought by the authorities, such as inspection visits and sanction procedures,including representation to any proceeding and hearings relating to such procedures.
- Legal advice and representation to filing or defending administrative proceedings,negotiations and appealing government rulings to challenge the authorities’ decisions that affects the rights and interests of the customers.
- Legal advice to PokerStars with the sponsorship of Life Poker Championship Tournament, the first poker tournament in México, organized by Pringsa.
- Assistance and legal support, to PokerStars with the sponsorships of events, negotiations in partnerships with gambling operators and advertising of the free poker website.
- Legal advice to Shufflemaster, WMS and Bally on the reviewing and analysis to the permits of the gambling operators in Mexico, for the formalization of gaming machines purchase.
- Legal counseling to foreign gambling companies, interested on having presence in Mexico, either with the opening of casinos, online gambling, or through partnerships with other operators.