GOVENRMENT BIDDINGS & PRIVATIZATIONS
Basham provides legal advice on government biddings and privatizations throughout all the stages of the process, on privatization of public properties or utilities, and defenses against actions arising from such transactions. We provide advice to private bidders and also to government agencies and entities.
Specifically, the Firm offers assistance in the following areas:
- Public tenders, restricted tenders and direct contracts.
- Invitations to bid, bidding rules, steps to be followed and requirements to be met to participate in the bidding process.
- Compilation of documents for the timely tender of bids, jointly with client’s technical and financial areas.
- All steps involved in government procurement processes, including clarification meetings, tender and opening of bids and contract awards, among others.
- Guaranties to be granted for government procurement to secure advance payments, contract performance and related matters.
- Administrative law and judicial proceedings derived from bidding processes, including disqualification of bidders.