Infrastructure is a fundamental thrive to any Country’s growth. Infrastructure projects comprehend a wide range of projects and developments in matters such as transport (airports, roads, ports, railroads) energy (electricity, renewable energy, mining, oil and gas), real estate matters (hotels, housing, commercial) and social (water treatment plants, aqueducts, energy projects, penitentiaries, hospitals, schools), among others.
Our firm offers services related to infrastructure projects that involve innovative matters and complexity, representing various national and international companies.
As a key player in many of Mexico’s most significant and complex infrastructure projects, our immersion includes legal advice as to build and develop roads, bridges and tunnels, railroads, public transport, airports, ports, water treatment plants, aqueducts, penitentiaries, hospitals and many other projects that ensure the Country’s growth. Likewise, there are many private infrastructure projects in which Basham has played a key role. Industrial plants and factories are some examples of such grand scale private infrastructure projects, including but not limited to blotting water facilities, auto-motive parts manufacturing facilities, renewable energies parks, paper and packing production facilities.
We have been actively involved in the infrastructure scenario in Mexico by advising clients in their participation in public tenders from the federal, state and local governments, as well as on the successful implementation of private projects.
Our experience, along with close contacts with the government agencies involved, enables Basham to offer efficient and rapid service. Moreover, our end-to-end experience means we are prepared to work with regulators and government authorities as well as private companies, providing an unrivaled bespoke service. We offer a commercially focused team with a proven track record in delivering intricate infrastructure projects to completion.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Advice in the participation of public tenders related to the development of infrastructure projects.
- Advice regarding project finance.
- Advice in regulatory matters for the development of infrastructure projects, in particular, in matters such as permits, licenses and authorizations, federal, local and/or municipal.
- Legal Due Diligence for existing or projects under development in different States and Municipalities of México.
- Advice in environmental matters.
- Advice in real estate matters for the development of projects, including matters related to securing the properties where projects are to be developed.
- Advice related to agrarian matters, specifically in respect to ejido matters and disincorporation of agrarian lands to private properties.
- Drafting of diverse agreements for the development of projects, including the ones known as EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) and OM (Operation and Maintenance).
- Advice regarding Private-Public Partnerships (PPP).
- IUS Laboris
- ICC Fraudnet
- Talklaw Global
- International Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The Center for American and International Law
- Rocky Mountain General Law.
ADDITIONAL AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS.
- Recognized by Who´s Who Legal 2019 as one of Mexico´s leading firms in matters such as construction, real estate, energy.
- The Best Latin American Law Firm: Corporate in the Silver Awards 2018 granted by the International Legal Alliance Summit.
- Mexico Law Firm of the year from 2007 through 2018 granted by Who´s Who Legal.
- From 2016 through 2018 top ranked by Latin America Chambers.
- Recognized as Latin America´s Leading in IFLR 1000 Energy and Infrastructure.
- Mexico Tax disputes firm of the year awarded by Tax Review from 2010 through 2013.
- Gold award as the best Mexican law firm from 2010 through 2017 and Silver Award from 2008 through 2017, granted by Leaders League.
- Mexico client service award in 2014 granted by Chambers Latin America.
Pro-bono leading light from 2013 through 2015, granted by Latin Lawyer and the Vance Center.