RENEWABLE ENERGIES & ELECTRIC POWER
Our firm provides advice to national and international companies on services related to the electric energy sector and projects based on renewable energy sources. We have experienced lawyers that may provide advice to investors as to invest in México in electric generation.
Our firm has considerable experience in the renewable energies industry. We are pleased to assist national and international investors and developers that are interested in business opportunities in Mexico, which has expanded as of 2013.
We represent important companies in the renewable energy sector, by means of rendering a full range of legal services, which include due diligence in renewable energy projects, legal advice in real estate matters, obtaining and renewing approvals and permits from federal, local and/or municipal authorities for the development of projects, assistance in the sale or supply of equipment to private and public entities, as well as helping clients in the acquisition of companies and assets in this sector. The lawyers and engineers of our group work closely with lawyers of other practice areas of the firm advising clients with respect to renewable energy projects.
Our experience has increased through the years; currently our Firms is proud to handle electric energy projects and renewable energies, among others wind and photovoltaic, including advice related to real estate matters where such projects are currently being developed; energy regulation applicable to the sector; drafting of agreements related to the sector, among them, for the purchase of electric energy, engineering, procurement and construction; advise regarding the design and finance in all project phases until its duly execution as per the Mexican laws (co-generation, self-supply, independent power production, export strategies, etc.).
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Development and financing of electric power projects;
- Advice on regulatory and environmental matters;
- Advice on climate change projects;
- Bidding processes, specialized administrative litigation, and dispute resolution;
- Obtaining and renewing of permits and authorizations;
- Advising on compliance with environmental laws and administrative regulations of the companies involved in the energy sector;
- Mergers and acquisitions;
- Access to capital markets;
- Contracts with providers, customers and investors;
- Design and structure of renewable energy projects;
- Due diligence review.
- IUS Laboris
- ICC Fraudnet
- Talklaw Global
- International Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The Center for American and International Law
- Rocky Mountain General Law.