Trucking & Railroad
The practice group offers, among others, the following services in this area:
- Advising and consulting for the establishment of trucking, busing and railroad companies.
- Obtaining concessions, permits, authorizations, registries, and licenses required to provide and operate public and private transportation services.
- Negotiating and preparing of transport contracts and bills of lading documenting the relationship between common carriers with their clients.
- Advising companies dedicated to provide courier services that require specialized knowledge of the national and international legislation.
- Obtaining licenses and concessions for the construction and operation of railroads, highways and bridges.
- Registration of companies that provide transportation services or ancillary services.
- Contracts for lease and leasing of vehicles to offer the federal motor carrier service.
- Advising on national (local and federal levels within the different states of Mexico) and international trucking transportation matters including foreign investment and NAFTA issues.
- Negotiating and preparing of contracts to provide the collection and delivery of cargo services.
- Leasing of trailers and semitrailers with federal plates to provide motor carrier services, as well as the obtaining of the relevant registration.
- Ancillary Services:
- Passenger terminals
- Inland cargo terminals
- Drag, salvage and storage of vehicles
- Verification units
- Obtaining of concessions and permits regarding the railroad transportation service.
- Negotiating and preparing of exchange of railroad cars and all kind of documents related to railroad transportation.
- Assistance and consulting on railway infrastructure projects.
- Regulatory proceedings and litigation related to transportation.
- Advising on the acquiring, operating, and refinancing of transportation vehicles and facilities.
- Insurance issues.